i am in love

Wednesday, May 5, 2010 |
People can get obsessed with romance, they can get obsessed with political paranoia, they can get obsessed with horror. It isn't the fault of the subject matter that creates the obsession, I don't think.

You didn’t ask, but I’m telling you anyway. I’m in love with scarves. Love to the point of obsession. See the below photo if you don’t believe me. I know it’s harmless…but I do wear one almost every day, and now that they’ve got the office nicely air-conditioned for summer, it’s practically mandatory. Glorious!

The collection right now is 16 strong, but only because I recently gave four away. Uh huh. Maybe I have a slight problem?

Photos are my own, and I bought (or was given) all of the scarves.

7 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh, I've just recently begun a love affair with scarves! So much more than an accessory, they are a statement of your personality, wouldn't you say? The picture of the first one is gorgeous!

Peaceful Reader said...

Love the one in the picture. I agree-scarves are the new thing and they are so useful and lovely at the same time. I have about 10 myself!!

Jenny said...

Oh, my love affair is with hats and coats. This is too bad for me because I live in South Louisiana where hats and coats are not super useful for a majority of the year. Or scarves, either, for that matter - what we miss by having a hot climate! :P

vvb32 reads said...

wonderful collection! hey they come in handy for keeping the neck warm in your climes ;-D

gretroid said...

dang it, i should've gone to the clothing exchange after all. i love scarves!

Tales of Whimsy said...

Oh me too. I love all kinds from vintage retro itty bitty ones to long glorious winter ones. I'm a huge fan.

M.A.D. said...

That is a gorgeous one in the picture!!! Sounds like a wonderful, harmless obsession lol

My love affair is with gaudy vintage jewelry :D

Newer Posts Older Posts Home