middle grade march wrap-up

Sunday, April 7, 2013 |
We’re already a week into April, but I never did a wrap-up of Middle Grade March, so this is it.  At the beginning of the month I had a long list of planned blog posts, lots of catch-up reading, and some pretty impressive (read: unattainable) goals.  Life happened.  And that’s okay!

middle grade march

I reviewed (and liked) Lisa Graff’s A Tangle of Knots, Philip Reeve’s Larklight and Neil Gaiman’s Odd and the Frost Giants.  I also reviewed Kelly Barnhill’s Iron Hearted Violet, which had some interesting fairy tale elements but didn’t work for me in the end. 

In addition to a couple of giveaways and posts about books I’m looking forward to, I made a couple of lists.  The Top Ten Middle Grade Books I Had To Buy…But Remain Unread and the Top Ten Middle Grade Books I Recommend Most are full of books I hope to read or suggest often to others as sure bets.

March was about reading at my own pace and finding new and wonderful middle grade fantasy.  I’ll be back next year for more!  

No comments:

Newer Posts Older Posts Home